5. repurposed in-n-out milkshakes: fries here have no real mojo until dipped into the ultimate have-it-all shake, the neapolitan.
4. saiko sushi: building off the Coronado OG success, the new North Park location is throwing down some baller moves with high quality fish and a no-nonsense sake list.
3. negroni trials: things are getting heated as Jason switches the variable from sweet vermouth to gin. results due in this summer.
2. lunch dates: the hunt for the right wedding venue requires immediate reflection and sustenance. happily, the search has resulted in a series of indulgences at some of san diego’s prime lunch locales.
1. sharing with my nephew: as this little munchkin readies his palette for the great big world of food, he inhales small bites from all plates brought to the table. keeping up with his quickdraw snatching abilities requires a thorough scattering of goodies while he lacks the ability to eat with efficiency.
wine favorite: Gosset – Grande Réserve, Brut Champagne NV. creamy and indulgent with apple and caramel aromas to emphasizes the richness of the style. to be paired with anything from butter noodles to caviar.
pizza favorite: URBN pepperoni, arugula & roasted garlic pie: eating pizza in the company of strangers requires the discipline of a Pai-Mei pupil so as to not eat into other people’s portions. i think i reached a new level of serenity during polite conversation over this pie.